Culture and Education »Scholarship Information
The Government of Japan offers “Teacher Training Scholarship” to qualified Fiji Citizens for studying in Japan.
A. Field of Study
Study/training is implemented only for university/training courses indicated in the pamphlets “Course Guidebook for Japanese Studies Students”. The Course Guidebook can be accessed from the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology website: http://www.mext.go.jp/a_menu/koutou/ryugaku/06032818.html (Japanese), or Study in Japan website: http://www.studyjapan.go.jp/en/toj/toj0307e.html (English). It is also available at the Embassy of Japan.
1. Applicants must be born on or after April 2, 1978
2. Applicant must be a graduate of a university or a teacher-training school and have worked as teachers at the primary or secondary educational institutional or a teacher-training school in his/her home country for at least five years in total, as of April 1, 2013.
3. Applicant must be willing to learn Japanese and receive research guidance in Japanese Language. Applicants must also have the ability to do research in Japanese and adopt living in Japan.
C. Duration of Scholarship
Duration of Scholarship is for the period necessary to complete each university’s training course and should be between October 2013 and March 2015. (Extension of the term is not allowed).
This is a non-degree programme and is not structured for those who wish to pursue Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctor’s degree. The grantee of this programme will be classifies as a non degree student whereby he/she will receive a certificate after completing the required training at the university.
E. Selection Process
1. 8 March 2013: Application closed
2. Mid-March (tentatively schedlues on 13 March) 2013: Examination (English) and Interview
3. Early April 2013: Completion of the recommended candidates’ documentation
4. End of August: Successful candidates will be announced.
Interested parties can obtain application forms and relevant documents from the Embassy’s website: http://www.fj.emb-japan.go.jp/ or contact the Embassy of Japan on telephone no. (679) 3304633 or email: email@example.com. Completed forms must reach the Embassy by 16:00pm 8 March 2013.