Culture and Education »Scholarship Information
JAPANESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIPS 2014 INTAKE
The Government of Japan offers 3 categories of scholarships undermentioned, to qualified Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, Tuvalu and Vanuatu citizens for studies in Japan.
- Applications can only be made for one course, in only one scholarship category.
- Application forms and further information can be obtained from the Embassy of Japan, Level 2, BSP Life Center, Thomson Street, Suva, or GPO Box 13045, Suva (telephone: Ms. Mele Raturaga on 330-4633, email: firstname.lastname@example.org) or through website: http://www.fj.emb-japan.go.jp (to be uploaded in late April).
- Applicants who wish to receive application forms by mail must forward self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Embassy, specifying which particular scholarship program the applicants desire.
- Completed application forms should either be sent or handed to the Embassy by 16:00pm, 20 June 2013. Late / incomplete applications will not be considered. All the documents submitted will be returned upon request only.
- Selected candidates for examinations/interviews will be notified by phone in July 2013. Examinations and interviews will be held at the Embassy around the end of July towards the beginning of August 2013.
- Past years’ examination papers are available for reference at the Embassy.
For Applicants in Kiribati, Nauru, Tuvalu and Vanuatu: