Culture and Education »Scholarship Information
The Intake process for 2012 has been completed.
The Government of Japan offers 4 categories of scholarships undermentioned, to qualified Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, Tuvalu and Vanuatu citizens for studies in Japan.
- RESEARCH STUDENT (Postgraduate)
- UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT (Degree Course)
- COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY STUDENT (Advanced Diploma)
- SPECIALIED TRAINING COLLEGE STUDENT (Diploma Course)
* Applications can only be made for one course, in only one scholarship category.
* Application forms and further information can be obtained from the Embassy of Japan, 2nd Floor, Dominion House or GPO Box 13045, Suva (telephone: Ms. Mako Nakauchi or Ms. Mele Raturaga on 330-4633, email: email@example.com) or through website: http://fj.emb-japan.go.jp.
* Applicants who wish to receive application forms by mail must forward self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Embassy. It is important to specify which particular scholarship program the applicants desire.
* Completed application forms should either be sent or handed to the Embassy by 16:00pm, 17 June 2011. Late applications will not be considered. All the documents submitted will be returned upon request only.
* Selected candidates for examinations/interviews will be notified by phone in early July 2011. Examinations and interviews will be held at the Embassy around the end July towards beginning of August 2011.
* Past years’ examination papers are available for reference at the Embassy.
For Applicants in Kiribati, Nauru, Tuvalu and Vanuatu:
* Please contact the Scholarship Unit (Ministry of Education) in your respective country for application forms and deadline in each country.
Information to International Students concerning the Great East Japan Earthquake can be found through the website of the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan.